I was fired from my job for this and i am thankful

Is that. I was fired but i am very proud about that. This story happened when i was working in a hotel in Bournemouth as a waiter, in my first times in England to learn English and wait for my license to work as physiotherapist. I put this message in the staff board and i was fired. I was called arrogant and the manager of restaurant said me that i shouldn't have done this. But i did with proud. Is true that i should try talk with the big boss of the company but i knew that it was impossible. So this action was the only way to be heard.

Why be fired can become you happy?

1) If your company don´t think in your customers who will think?
My companies have the customers as the most important. All decisions are taken with one strategy based in customers. Their feedback, their needs, their motivations. Are the costumers that pay your product, they are the reason of your existence. In this hotel, with 4 stars, prefered have 100 costumers satisfied instead of have 10 costumers really satisfied. The outcome is that nobody go out satisfied. The costumers receive one massive service where there are not cups, tea spoons or teapots enough and the staff of hotel fight between them for this stuff. One jungle. I believe that the main source of satisfaction in this hotel is the rush of waiters staff. The costumers stay impressed with the skill of one waiter to serve 10 tables alone.
In conclusion neither the costumers were satisfied neither the team work were satisfied.

2) What is behind a restaurant kitchen keep behind a restaurant kitchen.

If you know what can happen in the kitchen of restaurant you will be really impressed.

Do you know who put the lemon on the dish of fish and chips in this hotel? The waiters.

Do you know when the waiters do it? After they clean dirty dishes from customers. Basically the waiters collect the dishes from the customers tablets in restaurante, rush with plates for the kitchen and clean it. After with disgusting and dirty hands the waiters put the lemon on the top of the marvelous dish of fish and chips.

Do you know that you can drink tea from one teapot from another customer without this teapot go to the wash machine. Of course you can in this hotel.

3) The companies should work with a team and hear all workers

I am a dreamer. I believe seriously that the companies and businesses can work in partner with their collaborators as a team. For this, the the managers should understand that the staff and team work are the main source to promote one good service for the customers and should hear ideas and opinions of them to improve the quality of service. I tried several times talk with my manger about few issues that i thought that could be improve. But always i received the answer: " This is the system we can´t change". In the day that i put this message in board staff after several times of revolt and bad behaviors i spoke with manager. But without success. The manager told me and advised me to talk with the big boss of Hotel but the next day i tried talk with the big boss. But before, i was called to the office of the head manager bellow and i was fired. Conclusion, I have not heard by the big boss.

4) Is impossible keep high motivation of staff if there is not team work
Team work is the second most important thing in one company. Without team work you don´t have people that work with passion, motivation and energy at work. If you dont have people aligned with the values, vision and mission of the company, you wont have good costumer service. Friction and conflicts at staff can break your company and contribute for the bad image of your product or company.

5) Seek always challenges that do you happy. Try the destination.
If I had not been rebellious to be fired, I had not found a new challenge, 1000 times better than the last one. It proof that you always should seek jobs that you like, with team that you like and the most important should not change nothing in your personality if you feel that your company or your managers don't work properly.
I was fired in the morning. I had lunch and at afternoon i delivered 4 CV´s in 4 Hotels. After half hour i received a call from another Hotel 3* in Bournemouth and i started working few days after. So, why not try? I found the paradise. The hotel is very organised, i received all minutes that i worked (it didn't happen in last one), the staff is very friendly and work as a true team, all staff finish at the same time. And the outcome is team work and customers happy and satisfied.

6) Things that i learnt
- The big companies could be one wild compared with small companies
- You will not can change nothing if there is not any mindset to change
- The costumer satisfaction only can be achieved with the staff happy and focused in costumers
- When one human resouces manager is not interested in hear you? Who hear?
- How the companies can improve if they don´t hear the workers?

Thank you

Comentários